Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Reading

Here is us on a typical day doing school at our kitchen table. I always wonder if I'm doing enough with the boys and worry about if their on track grade level wise. Today I found a reading test online that will tell you what grade level your child reads at. I actually had both of them take two different such tests. The results were great! Lucas who is in sixth grade reads at an eighth grade level. Kaleb who is in second grade reads at a fourth grade reading level I was so surprised. I think they read awesome but I didn't know what grade levels they would be considered at. They both read an hour a day and I try and make it year round I guess it's working. Now I'd like to find a test that will determine their reading comprehension grade level. Because it's great if they can read the words but what really matters is if their comprehending what their reading. I believe they both do whenever we read together the boys can always tell me what happened and answer the questions. But I'd like a test anyone know of one? Anyway it just made my day after the boys took the test here's to homeschooling...I love it!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Could I have that website? It would be interesting to see what grade level my boys are at.

Esther said...

It's always nice when they "get it". I don't know what I'll do if they don't, probably pull my hair out and cry like a baby. keep up the good work!

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Would you mind sharing the website? I'd be curious to see where my kids are as well. Thanks!