Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And day two of school...

Today went much better we got back into our routine from last year for the most part and everything went so much more smoothly. It's amazing how much better the boys do when they know what to expect next in the day. Here is my somewhat schedule and of course some days it changes based on what we have going that day.

8:00:Breakfast
Devotions
8:45 Math - Lucas and Kaleb. Roman outside
Language or phonics and language - Lucas and Kaleb
Writing and spelling - Kaleb
10:00 - they both get a 15 min. break Kaleb is usually done by this time and sometimes Lucas gets math and language done sooner than 10 if so he gets a longer break.
10:15 - Kaleb reads aloud to me for about a half hour and Lucas finishes up with spelling, history, penmanship, and bible.
11:00-11:30 whenever all our seat work is done I'll often run errands or a lot of the times go to the Y for a workout. Or the boys and I might take a walk or play outside I try and make this an exercise time or play time for us.
12-12:30 is lunch time
1:00 Lucas and Kaleb each go to their room and read for an hour and Roman goes down for his nap.
2:00 is usually chore time and then free time for the rest of the day.

The boys are starting guitar lessons October 1st so 2:00 will probably be practice time some days. Like I said we don't get to stick to this every day but I try to and so far it's worked well last year went very smooth most days. Fridays the boys take science and art at a place for homeschool students so Friday is usually our test day for spelling and then Math or language if they have one that week. Well anyway just thought I'd post this for anyone interested I like to read how others structure their day during the school year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I need to work on more of a schedule. Between karate, Bible study, Awana, piano lessons, field trips, etc. our days are never the same. My calender is full already and basketball hasn't even started yet!!!