Wednesday, September 12, 2007

cleaning...

AAAHHHH...sigh...I get such a high almost from deep cleaning I'm a crazy women I think..heehee. This morning after we did some school the boys and I went through ALL the toys in the house and purged...big time..YIPEE!! Can you tell I'm so excited about it! We got rid of a lot of big things and then we went through and organized them all talk about fun!! Then onto their rooms Romans was easy he doesn't have much. Lucas and Kaleb's room took a little longer but we got rid of a bunch more stuff and put things where they belong. We found many "missing" items to other toys to. Mysteriously they have a lot more legos and magnetix than they did before. What a productive morning I love those now we must make our donation to Goodwill. My next project is teaching Roman to clean up the toys after himself. He has a horrible habit of just dumping out toys and walking away from them. I've decided enough is enough and I'm working on him playing with say just the legos and then picking them up before getting out say the play food etc. It'll take awhile I should've started much sooner but it's one of those things that I let slide and it was easier to have the boys do it with him etc. Well now he's three and kind of a slob so we are going to correct that..wish me luck!

1 comment:

Esther said...

It never ending isn't it? I went through the kids clothes, because all of a sudden its fall, and made a list of things they need so I don't over buy and I had them try EVERYTHING on. They really don't need much which is nice. I too love the purge! Lula is a packrat and cries and pleads for all her crap which makes it hard.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENSON!!