Thursday, September 27, 2007

100% Whole Wheat Bread


Here is a picture of the bread that I make that we eat all the time. It's a whole wheat bread and very healthy plus it tastes great. I actually grind my own wheat fresh into flour for this bread. I think it makes it taste lighter not so heavy of a bread. I'm sure it would work great with wheat flour from the store as well I've just never tried it. Anyway here is the recipe:


Whole Wheat Bread

2 Cups warm water
1/4 C canola or olive oil
1/4 C. honey
1 tbs salt
6 Cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbs vital wheat gluten
2 1/2 tps. yeast

I put everything in my bread machine on the dough cycle. When that's done I put it in my own pans and let rise until double and then bake at 350 for 30 min. When done I spread a small amount of butter over the top of the bread. If anyone tries it let me know how it turned out. This does make two loaves of bread I forgot to state that..sorry.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Yummy! I will have to try that soon. Once I get the gluten and other such stuff that I don't just keep on hand in the house. :)

Esther said...

Is that the m-i-l recipe? No offense ma, I just don't like her bread:0) It's alright warm but not so much later, maybe because I was raised eating wonderbread type bread.

Tracy said...

This is the MIL recipe but I tweaked it just so. It's a little different than hers but it tastes much the same.

Sarah said...

Looks good. Mark will only eat wheat bread so I will have to try this one out.