Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ben's favorite cake..


This is my hubby's favorite cake in all the world. It's called Chocolate Chiffon cake and it's a beauty. His dear grandma made it for him for his birthday when he was 10 and it's been his favorite ever since. It's quite a chore to make so I've never attempted to make it quite frankly it scared me to even try. I decided this year it's about time I learn how since it is a great cake plus his favorite. One day his grandma came over and we made one together (thank you again grandma). Today I was all on my own it didn't turn out near as pretty as his grandma's but I'm hoping it tastes the same. It sure smelled good coming out of the oven today. I'm quite proud of the fact it looks similar to her cake and boy I can't wait to cut it. Benny worked late yesterday and today so this is why I didn't make the cake until today. He's on his way home now and I can't wait for him to try a piece:)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks Yummy - Recipe please!

Esther said...

Sure is pretty!

redhead83402 said...

what a pretty cake!! I too would love to see the recipe posted!
~Red

Sharon said...

That looks so yummy! I also would love to see the recipe.