Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of school!!

Today we begin our official school year. With Lucas is sixth and Kaleb in second it should be a fun year. We're already done for today the first day is always review and goes fairly smoothly. The good news is that my kids didn't forget everything from last year. After having four months of summer vacation I always wonder:) I am quite overwhelmed by it all as I always am at the start of a new school year. Wondering how I'm going to fit everything in and how my patience level will be. It's always an adjustment from getting up and heading right outside to having to sit for awhile and focus. Lucas is pretty good at focusing now and Kaleb always has been. I did notice with Kaleb he was day dreaming all during school so were going to have to really work with him and switch gears. All in all school went good and I look forward to teaching and having a great year of learning with my boys!

4 comments:

Esther said...

I kind got that panic feeling when I realized this is the the real deal, last year was kindergarten- easy, but this is "real" school now.

Sharon said...

You are going to be one busy momma! I can't believe Lucas is already in sixth grade! Guess you are going to really need your run in at the end of the day...better give me a call. :)

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Hey, we started today too and, amazingly, it went pretty well here also. Good luck as you go throughout the year with your boys. And I loved the post about Kaleb's remorse over not sharing. Would that all of our kids, and us too, were so remorseful for our sins, right?

Sarah said...

I'm frustrated already!!! But tomorrow is another day - right? We just had some technical problems that Mark was able to fix when he got home. Computers, I have a love / hate relationship with them. Maybe I should go back to the books :)