Thursday, August 30, 2007

Park day

This morning the boys and I went to the park. At the park is several trails and fields that you can walk through. We walked through the fields and noticed several wildflowers growing. We decided to collect all the different flowers we found. These are what we picked we actually got two nice bouquets to set out around the house. We found daisy's, butter cups, two different kids of purple flowers, white flowers, and some orange flowers all growing wild. It was so much fun now if only we could identify them all:)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Very Pretty. My boys pick flowers for me all the time, although, mine are usually just dandelions :)

Sharon said...

I can't believe how long it has been since I read your blog! I am terrible! Sooo, beautiful flowers, LOVE the quilt, Happy Anniversary, looked like a good time at the fair. Did I miss anything? Sorry! Esther even put a comment on my blog about how terrible I have been. I think I am going to have to start setting a certain time to check out blogworld and to update my own. :)

redhead83402 said...

just stopped by again ~ lovely flowers!! We are using a book this year, called "Wildflowers, Blooms, & Blossoms", by Diane L. Burns, illustrations by Linda Garrow. This lovely little book is an excellent take-along book, and covers so many of the wildflowers you would find just growing in a field, by the side of the highway, on the edge of a forest, etc.
It also has many little activities that center around using, pressing, & identifying the blooms. I don't know if you use the Charlotte Mason method of nature study, but this book seems to go very well hand in hand with it, or even just for a fun late summer stroll, as you have done, gathering wildflowers & enjoying them on the table. One way we have been double-duty-ing our wildflowers is to use them for our drawing models in our art classes.
~Red