Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cute things kids say...frogs and moths




Kaleb is my animal lover! Last night as he's getting ready for bed he shows me this small moth flying around the house. I proceed to slap my hands together and kill it..I missed for all who wanted to know. Kaleb looks at me and says, "Aw Mom, leave the poor thing alone". I started laughing so hard because what kid is that concerned about a moth. I did leave it alone who wouldn't after your child says that to you. Lucas found the moth this morning on the floor in the kitchen clinging to life so I had him dispose of it.

The picture here of Kaleb was taken two years ago when we were out boating for the day. We were having a fun day at the beach. Kaleb found these two frogs and carried them around and played with them all day long. He made them a house out of sticks and everything it was so cute. He ended up killing them by carrying them around all day as you can see from the picture he would squeeze them together which killed them. We never did tell him that:) Well this moth and frogs made me think we haven't been to the zoo in awhile so I think we'll head over there this morning. It's hot but cloudy so I think it won't be to bad.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Have fun at the zoo! Wish we could go too...

Esther said...

I always try to convince the kids to let the poor thing go before they die. I tell them they miss their family. Our lastest things have been grasshoppers and moths.

Sarah said...

It is like toad heaven over here. My boys catch them and then leave them out in the sun - oops! Had a great time today!