Monday, August 27, 2007

Chicken Chimichanga's

Today I was craving On The Border's chicken chimichanga so I decided to try and make some myself. I had some canned chicken to use up and a bunch of veggies from the garden. I'm not a fan of canned chicken I bought some on a whim at Costco awhile ago and wanted to use it up. So to start with I cut up some colored peppers and onion and fried those in olive oil. Then I added the canned chicken to that and some garlic pepper and a little taco seasoning and mixed it all up. I took whole wheat tortilla's and cooked them just a little. I added my chicken and veggie mixture and a little cheese and rolled up the tortilla's. I then fried them on olive oil in a frying pan until they were crispy on each side. After I fried them all I put some warm Queso cheese on top of them and they were so yummy!!! They tasted a lot like the restaurants I will for sure make these again. The kids thought they were great as well. Next time I'm going to use fresh chicken instead of canned I bet they'll even be better. Not exactly a low fat healthy dinner but I'm sure it's better than the restaurants.

No comments: