Friday, August 24, 2007

Romans room

Alright here's what I've done so far to Romans room. I'm almost done but have a few decorating things to hang up yet. I repainted the walls, windows and trim. Ben hung up new blinds for me and the coat/sweatshirt hooks. I painted picture frames I had laying around the house and made pictures for them. The last thing to do is buy him a new bed but I'm looking for a really good deal on one. His toddler bed should last him for awhile yet so I can wait for that good deal. I will take a picture of the bug quilt I made when I get it back from the fair next week. My goal was to redo his room for less than a 100.00 and so far I only have 45.00 into it. I'm hoping the bed won't be much more than 50.00 so I can stay on budget. This is why I've made my own decorations for it. Roman finger painted one of his hands for me and I hung that up. Then I made two creative memories pages and hung them on the wall in the painted frames.

Roman "helping" to decorate a picture for his room.
This is the picture Roman made he had such a blast finger painting he's never done it before.

The creative memories pages and also the hand prints picture on the wall.

The hat/coat hook rack my hubby hung up for me.

2 comments:

Esther said...

I like the color! I moved my little man in with the big bro last night! I need to get their room finished, and you just might motivate me. Where did you get the hook rack thing? I love the idea of using his art for the room.

Sarah said...

I like the color too! I need to do some painting around here but keep putting it off. Have you looked on Craigslist for a bed? I found so many good deal there.