Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Road trip time...The Creation Museum

Whenever I get a little money on the side saved up the boys and I go on road trips. I usually make them somewhat educational and sometimes out of our home state so they get to see different states also. This time we traveled to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky and stayed two nights in a hotel. The Creation Museum http://www.creationmuseum.org/
was the best road trip we have taken so far. It was incredible to say the least I highly recommend it to everyone young and old my three year old enjoyed it as well as the teenagers that were with us. Lucas and Kaleb learned so much as did I. It is a walk through the Bible from creation, to Adam and Eve, to Noah, to Methuselah. It is all based on the Bible and totally refutes evolution. They explain how the dinosaurs fit in the Bible when they lived etc. Thus all the pictures of dinosaurs they make them life like and you get a real appreciation for how it must have been to have lived with them. Noah's Ark exhibit was awesome you really could see how large that ship was. It really brought the Bible to life. It is somewhere I'd like to try and go to once a year it was that good and you will learn something every time. We also saw a movie in the 3D theater and a star show in the planetarium. We also visited some dear friends we haven't seen in five years who live close by. It was so nice to see them and have dinner with them. On the way home we stopped at Shipshewana a huge flee market where we found some goodies. I'll post on that later. I will post more pic's tomorrow of our trip but these are some of them.

A large dinasaur right out front before you enter the museum.


A T-Rex this was life size and let me tell you it was huge! I couldn't fit the whole dinasaur in one picture frame I wanted a close up of the head so you could get an appreciation for how large they really were.

These are a couple pictures from the Adam and Eve exhibit all the people were so real looking it is amazing what artist can do.


Here we have Methuselah Lucas thought he was kind of creepy. He moved and talked also the picture below tells about him.


Roman "petting" a dinasaur he thought they were all so cool. I do believe he might like one for a pet.:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, that is cool. To bad it is so far away since I hate road trips :(
I bet my boys would love it to. Glad you made it home safely.