Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What happens when you study Indians??

You have one very creative little boy outside all afternoon making bows and arrows with the jack knife his grandpa gave him. Lucas is my creative and imaginative one he can make anything out of anything. He took tree branches stripped all the bark off them with his jack knife and then proceeded to make these bows. Also arrows you can see them in the picture sticking above his head he also made them from tree branches.

We've been studying John Smith, Pocahontas, Squanto etc. in history the past few weeks. Yesterday I rented them "Squanto: A Warriors Tale" by Walt Disney pictures from the library. After seeing that they've been making Indian weapons and having wars with them. Oh the imagination of kids...I love it!!

Kaleb also made one he just missed out on the photo op he's at football practice:)

4 comments:

CFC Flames '04 said...

Love it! How wonderful our children have the oppertunity to do that. I think your boys and mine would get along great!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Oh, yes - We're going to Illinois to visit family. Most all of our family and friends live there. We're in my niece's wedding and also my in-laws are taking the boys and I on a train ride to Chicago for a day. Mark (my husband)will still be in Tennessee though. :( We'll miss him.

Sharon said...

Wow! He did an awesome job on that! Way to go, Lucas!

Esther said...

They really don't even need toys!
Great job Lucas!