Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fun at the zoo....

This morning the kids and I decided to play hookie from school and go to the zoo. It's about 1 1/2 hours away but well worth the drive. We try and go here once a year and it's always so much fun. I get a picture of my kids on this giant ant every year it's fun to see how they've grown from the previous years.

The highlight of this zoo is the giraffes that you can feed and pet. Roman was a little freaked out by their tongues at first but he quickly realized it was gross but fun.

Kaleb, my animal lover was very popular with the animals as you can see. Of course he did have food for them both times but none the less he was having a great time with all these animals. He even made sure that all the giraffes he was feeding got equal amounts of food from him. It was to cute.
Here the boys are looking for fossils and whatever you find you can take home with you....we didn't find any but they had fun looking.

We took a mile hike called "swamp adventure" we learned all about our native species that live by us. With the leaves starting to change colors it was extra pretty.

So even though we played hookie they still learned a lot...lest anyone thinks I'd really let my kids play hookie for the day :~)

2 comments:

CFC Flames '04 said...

What a great day! Besides, I don't think you can ever really play hookie when you homeschool they're learning ALL the time. :)
We love zoos too!

Esther said...

Looks like fun, I have to try to get out there maybe yet this fall.