Friday, September 5, 2008

Zucchini Bread

Alright if you've got extra zucchini and come on who doesn't this time of year you must try out this bread. It is awesome!! My two loaves I made Wednesday are gone my kids devoured it. I loved that it was an already dairy free recipe so no adjustments had to be made for Kaleb. I will be making more this weekend and hopefully slipping one loaf into the freezer for later eating:~)


Zucchini Bread

3 Eggs
1 C. Oil
2 C. Sugar
2 C. grated Zucchini
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 C. Flour
3 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees lightly grease two loaf pans.

2. In large bowl mix together the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and zucchini

3. Combine the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingrediants.

4. stir in the walnuts

5. Divide between the two loaf pans evenly

6. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until done.

4 comments:

Esther said...

Yummy. I grate up zuchini and put it in meatloaf- that is good too.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Would you believe I just pulled out 4 pieces of zucchini to do "something" with. It's fate. LOL! I'll substitute applesauce for the eggs (because of allergies) and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe!

Sarah said...

I LOVE zucchini bread. I usually use my trusted old recipe, but I might have to try this one once.

Hope school is going good.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Made this today and substituted 1/4 c applesauce for each egg. I halved the recipe, too, because I only have one loaf pan.

Very tasty and a great way to use the zucchini! Thanks!