Friday, January 19, 2007

Oh, thank the Lord...

for my hubby! He is such a thoughtful most above all God fearing man. Homeshooling sometimes can be so challenging and downright draining of your spirit and physical self. He brings me up when I need it and encourages me along the way. He stopped home today at just the right moment for lunch both boys are doing their math assignment Kaleb a test and Lucas his regular lesson for the day. So while giving Kaleb his test Lucas needs help with his math and let me tell you fifth grade math can be very challenging. I was feeling flustered and just having a weak moment so he stepped in and helped Lucas with his math it was bliss I didn't have to sit and figure it out and then try and explain it. Hubby is so good at math and so is Lucas and their minds seem to think alike when it comes to math and numbers so Lucas usually understands it and can finish hubby's thoughts when they do it together. So we are done schooling for the day now and I can sit down and read my new book I picked up at the library today.

Which brings me to my next point I got this great book called "A Mom just Like you" by Vickie and Jayme Farris. I've heard several good reviews on it from homeschooling moms although I've only read the first chapter it looks to be a very good book. Very down to earth for the normal homeschool mother. I read some books and these women seem like "super" moms and I always get done reading the book feeling like I don't measure up or compare and should be doing more and more and more. This book is just not like that well not the first chapter..hahaha I'll post what I think when I'm doing reading it. But for anyone who already homeschools or looking to start or don't even know yet I think this would be a very good read. I feel in no way am I a "super" mom I just try my best with the Lord guiding my way and pray my children are on the right path. With God's grace and mercy we make it through each day and week and year of homeschooling. Well off to start read the new book.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Aren't they wonderful?! Caleb got home from plowing and even though he knew he would have to go out again tonight, he still sat down with her to play. He is even watching a movie with her. :) Scooby-Doo, one of the cartoon ones.

Esther said...

I'm "supermom", what's your problem, HAHA.