Thursday, January 18, 2007

Book I've been reading...

it's called "Beyond Antibiotics more than 50 ways to boost your immunity without antibiotics". Long title and it has three authors it's a great book. It goes into why we get sick and what you can take naturally to not get sick. Vitamin C is a big one everyone should take it the stories in the book are amazing from what Vit. C has done for people. Their defiantly is a place for antibiotics and that's their point but way to many people take them all the time for things they don't even help for. It's been a very good read for me I started reading it in the doctor's office a few weeks ago and then got it from the library to finish it's very eye opening for sure.

The boys and I went to our local presidential museum today what a history lesson it was. Wow, it was awesome the boys learned so much. They were really interested in the Vietnam war for some reason so were going to start studying that. My uncle was in that war so I think I'll have them talk to him to about his experiences in it. That is if it's not to painful for my uncle to talk about I'll have to call him up. They had a real helicopter inside the museum from the war so that's probably why that part stuck out more than the rest. They had a large display on slavery to and Abe Lincoln's involvement with that which we had studied last year so it was neat for them to see actual artifacts of something we studied already. I think when their older I'll take them again you can learn a lot more by reading everything but of course what 10 and 6 yr old do that but they still learned something so it was a good history lesson for the day.

Well I'm off to fold a mountain of laundry.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I should read that book. We are trying to get Elijah "healthy" since he is sick all the time. I stopped taking him to the doctor since all she wants to do is give him antibiotics. We already took him off dairy except for an occasional yogurt. We haven't seen much of a difference yet.

How much did the museum cost to get in? Since we are trying to save, save, save, I am looking for some cheap activites:)