Monday, January 22, 2007

"A Mom Just like You"

Fantanstic, Fantastic book by Vicki Farris it is honestly the best homeschooling book I've read. Not that I've read that many but I can really see myself in her and some of my struggles in her also. She makes some very good points in the book a must read I think for every homeschooling mother. I also started reading this series of books by Beverly Lewis she is a christian author and these books are all set in Lancaster, Penn. in the Amish country. Most of the characters are Amish they've been good books to. Sometimes I think I read to much I don't let myself read during the day anymore I wait until the kiddo's are in bed at night. Except on the weekends then I will read during the day if I have time. If I do read during the day during the school week I get nothing done I will sit and read my book all day until it's done bad habit. So now we read only at night that way things get done during the day, it's quiet at night and I'm not neglecting my kids. Well just had to right my update on that good book now I need to run a few errands and get some laundry folded...the never ending task. On a side note I told Ben not to long ago we should go naked for a day that way I'd stay caught up on the laundry for at least one day:) Yeah we agreed it wouldn't be a good idea..but oh, wouldn't it be great to not have any laundry for just one day...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That book sounds really good. If you are looking for a really good children's book, there is one called "'I can't', said the ant". It is so cute. Teaches kids about rhyming. I completely agree with you about the laundry thing--although that wouldn't go over so well in my house what with Gerrit staying here and all! :)