Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Update on Kaleb

Well it's been three weeks since our hive incident with Kaleb he had his follow up appointment today at the doctor's office. He came out very well he does have to be dairy free for a year. But he should be able to have dairy once or twice a week after that the doc said. He was 50% improved over all and would've been even better but last week he had some cantaloupe and had an allergic reaction to that. That reaction set him back a bit but overall he's doing much better. I'm very thankful he doesn't have to go off gluten dairy is hard enough on him. He's also off food coloring the doc said that when children have a dairy allergy they often are allergic to food coloring and artificial flavorings and sugars. He very rarely has artificial flavorings maybe once a year if he gets a diet pop from a neighbor or something but we just don't eat it in anything nor do we really drink pop. Now food coloring is all together different it's in everything that's been harder to avoid than dairy. I've found some candy that's food coloring free he can have and I'm learning to be creative when I cook and bake. But overall he's doing much better and I thank the Lord for healing my baby in such a timely manner!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that Kaleb is feeling better and that you have figured out what was wrong.

Esther said...

Glad to hear that it's only dairy and not gluten. Gluten is HARD when you are used to it!

Sharon said...

I am so glad he is doing better now. Poor guy though. I felt so bad when he was asking about the ice cream and then the cake at Ambry's b-day party. He kept trying to tell me that the cake with the PINK icing had no food coloring in it.

Esther said...

Hey just to let you know the local health store has natural food coloring. I found it the other day I was so exited! I'm sure it doesn't work as good as the fake stuff but it's better than nothing.