Thursday, October 11, 2007

Kaleb sayings..

This morning in my devotions with Kaleb we had read the story of Abraham and Isaac. When God told Abraham to offer up his son Isaac unto the Lord. I'm thinking when we get to the part where Abraham raised the knife and stopped mid air that Kaleb will say something. I'm explaining how much his dad and I love him and how hard as a parent it would be to sacrifice your child like that. He just looks at me and says:"mom, instead of the son what did they usually use"? Ahem,..So I tell him they used a lamb and at this his face just fell. He looks at me and says "Aw, that poor lamb you mean they took a baby and killed it"? So from then on in our devotions he kept coming back to this lamb and how bad he felt for this poor lamb. I used it as a teaching moment and we talked about how they sacrificed a lamb but that Jesus was our lamb and died for us. In a way it really helped relate to him what Jesus did for us.

No comments: