Saturday, August 16, 2008

What to do?

Poor Roman woke up at3:00 in the morning on Friday with these. Of course the only thing I didn't have in my cupboard free from CVS was children's benedryl..uggh. After giving him high doses of the natural allergy meds, oatmeal baths, lots of vit. C. They just kept getting worse so finally at 8:00 in the morning I trucked to Meijer to buy some benedryl. After taking that I thought sure this will wipe em' right out and he'll feel much better. They just kept getting worse by 11 he was seriously covered head to his little toe just one big hive. He scratched himself raw in many places itching so bad.

At 3:00 I looked at him and his face and lips were beginning to swell and they were creeping onto his face the only place they hadn't been all day. I was starting to freak out a little so off to the doctor we went. I walked into the doctor's office and they took him back immediately putting him ahead of five other people waiting. The nurse went and got the doctor right away to see him. Obviously he was having a severe allergic reaction to something..says the doctor..

Doc says they only get that bad when they've either eaten something or ingested an allergen it could've also been from a virus his body was fighting off. We hope it wasn't a food if it was doc said it'll be really bad next time and rush him in immediately. We couldn't think of any new thing he ate so the doc said most likely it was from a virus. Right away he asked me if he could give Roman some more benedryl I said sure anything to help the poor thing. By the time we left we had two prescriptions for him to take. Today he's doing much better 75% of them are gone but he has scratches and open sores everywhere. He dealt with it so good he was slightly crabby but not like you would imagine. I hope he never has them this bad again but at least I'm a little more prepared than before.

AWww, the doctor who saw him yesterday just called to check up on him. It's not even his doctor I just went to a local med station yesterday which is a doctors office as well. Anyway that's really sweet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor Roman! Glad he's doing better.

My Caleb had that one year. It was just horrible. I was so scared. We never did find out what caused it.