Wednesday, August 27, 2008

13 Years we Celebrate!

Quite the stunning pic eh? This is never been seen before footage just so you all you know") Don't we look so young! Sorry the quality isn't that great but I had to scan this picture into my computer and the size is weird. Anyway you get the idea of what we looked at 18 and19 years old. Yes I am the older one as my hubby loves to remind me.

Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. It was a gorgeous day Ben got out of work early and we golfed 18 holes and then went out for dinner. (Thank You dad for picking up Kaleb at football) We got to talking to a guy and he asked us how we met so I thought I'd relate the story for all to hear.

Ben and I lived in the same neighborhood for around 8 years although we never talked to one another we knew who each other was. I secretly had a crush on him and his older bro (sorry Esther) mind you I was 14 or 15. Anyway, my best friend had the bigger crush on Ben therefore I never went beyond my crush on him. Around 15 or 16 we'd see each other in passing and wave hello but that was about it my crush on those boys had passed. At 17 I started working at the gas station/car wash that Ben would go into a lot. We would talk and yes I'd flirt with him hey he was cute") He got my phone number out of the phone book and called me up. As they say the rest is history. Our first date was April 1st of our senior year in high school, we got engaged on Valentine's Day and then Married on Aug. 26. We've been happily married ever since. After talking with this guy last night and he complaining to us how unhappy he is in his marriage...blah..blah...blahh... we left feeling very thankful for our marriage and who were married to. God has blessed us beyond measure and I thank him every day for my dear husband!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the picture. There is NO way you are seeing mine :)

Happy Anniversary!

Sharon said...

Congrats! Definitely love the pic. You are right...you guys do look so very young!

Esther said...

Babies! That must mean that me and my babe have been together 13 years.

Congrats on finding a man to put up with you that long:0)

CFC Flames '04 said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

What a great picture. :)

Sherry in MI said...

You two not only LOOKED young, you WERE young! Your picture is awesome! It was great catching up with you yesterday!