Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Spinach Quiche

Here is a new recipe I tried last week. It got rave reviews from Ben and the boys so I will be making it again. It had great flavor nothing low fat about it but it was really good.

Pepperoni Spinach Quiche

1 Tube crescent rolls
1 red pepper chopped
1 garlic clove minced
1 tbs olive oil
5 eggs
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 C frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup pepperoni cut up
1/4 c. half and half cream
2 tbs. Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs. fresh parsley minced
1 Tbs. fresh basil or 1 tps. of dried basil

* I didn't have the fresh herbs so I just used Italian seasoning.

Separate cresent dough into eight triangles, place in an ungreased pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and sides to form a crust.

Saute the red pepper and garlic in the olive oil. In another small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and stir in the red pepper mixture. Pour into crust.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 min. or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

** This recipe came from the my new Taste of Home magazine I just got.

No comments: