Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Room for Lucas...

After much deliberation I have finally decided to move Lucas to the basement bedroom. We've been talking about it for a long time and I finally just got sick of all the junk in the room the boys share. So off we went in search of paint in colors we both agreed on. I was looking for a mis-tint from a good paint shop. As it turned out the first shop I went to had the colors I was looking for in mis-tint'..wahooo! Only $6.00/gallon compared to the normal price of $25.00/gallon. Lucas and I painted his room Monday and Tuesday two walls brown and two a deep blue. Wednesday I steam cleaned the carpets and rearranged the dresser's. Today we moved his clothes down and all his junk excuse me stuff").

In the process of this the three of us Lucas, Kaleb and I thoroughly cleaned out what is now just Kaleb's room. We now have three large black trash bags ready to go to Goodwill. Everything feels so clean and cleaned out it's a great feeling. They both are excited to now have their own room.

Below is a before picture of what is now Lucas' room notice the pink on the walls it was more of a maroon color but still very ugly!


Lucas' new room this is the brown wall you can't see the blue to good I couldn't get it to take a good picture. If you look at the blue in the comforter that's the color of the blue walls. I thought it might turn out to dark but it looks so warm and cozy when you walk in I love how it turned out. We are looking for a new bed for him and also a desk when Craig's list has a great deal on one I'll snatch it up:)

3 comments:

Esther said...

looks great! love that he still has the bear! racky gave up mr. monkey a year or two ago...sad so sad.

Tracy said...

I think the bear will go with him when he gets married:) He won't give it up he loves it.

CFC Flames '04 said...

Very nice. Do they like having their own rooms now...or do they miss each other?