Monday, August 4, 2008

My favorite lighthouse

Here is a picture of my favorite lighthouse I've ever toured. Lighthouses along the Great Lakes is one of my favorite things to see whenever we're on vacation. I've only gotten to tour a few of them but they are so cool the history you learn is amazing. This one is a museum and it had a lot of artifacts from ships that sank in the Great Lakes. Lucas is somewhat of a history buff like his mama and really enjoyed going through it with me. The innkeeper of this lighthouse was one of the longest living innkeepers of any lighthouse in the U.S. It was neat seeing his living quarters and everything as it was back then. You can go all the way to the top of the lighthouse to where the inn keeper would light the bulb every night. Below is the spiral staircase you take to get to the top.
The hike up those stairs is worth it below is the view of Lake Michigan that you can see.
Lucas posing for a picture in front of the lighthouse.

1 comment:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

That is one cool picture of the stairs!