Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Staggering fact:

I saw this fact on the "Today" show this morning:

20% of kids under age two have a TV in their bedroom

What! To me that's incredibly high my kids never even wanted to watch cartoons or were interested in anything on TV until they were around 2 1/2 years old. We limit our kids to an hour of TV/X box/computer time to one hour a day. Of course there are always exceptions like homework on the computer or watching a movie etc. But as that as our goal we feel it sets a time limit at least so there's no fighting when it's time to unplug. Alright there you have it my opinion on TV watching I just thought it sounded ridiculous to put a TV in a toddlers bedroom no wonder kids are cranky these days and don't get enough sleep. Sorry again just my opinion no you didn't ask for it I just gave it anyway :)


3 comments:

Esther said...

That is crazy! My kids don't usually start watching tv until they quit taking naps (around 2.5 years), then I "make" them watch it and leave me alone for a while;)

Sharon said...

I can not believe that! We do the same thing with limiting tv. With Toby and Natallie here to play with again, they now watch even less.

Not to mention, it seems like whenever Ambry watches a bit more than usual she is so much more lazy and lethargic. I can't even imagine what she would be like it she had one in her room too!

Sherry in MI said...

Esther's reply is SO on target for when my kids were toddlers. We also have screen time limits. We also don't allow ANY of it until afternoon and until a good portion of school is done. If I relent and let them watch something in the morning, it's like pulling teeth all day to get them to do any school or chores!