Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fun Day #1

Ok I didn't really count Monday as a "fun" day for the kids since we did school work and it was my house cleaning day. So with all things of importance done and in order for the week we officially started our fun week yesterday. We started out the day sleeping in until 9:00 pure bliss I tell you:) We then proceeded to finish up any remaining school work that had to be done for the week which wasn't much the boys did double all last week. I folded and put away umm about five loads of laundry..gulp..glad that task is done. We then headed to the YMCA where I ran and the boys played basketball in the gym. We came home and ate lunch gave Roman an early nap and then headed out around 2:30 or so. I took the boys to see "Horton Hears a Who" at the mall. It was so funny I throughly enjoyed it as did they we had many good laughs. I told Ben it was one of the better kids films I've seen in awhile. After the movie ended we decided to shop for while and see what good deals we could find. Old Navy happened to have two large tables with shirts and sweaters for $4.99 I bought one I might go back and "dig" better when I don't have three antsy little boys:) After shopping for awhile we went to have dinner at Red Robin. The boys had gotten coupons for free kids meals from the dentist last July so I thought we'd better finally use them. I had a brushetta chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread yummy is all I can say it was fabulous. We then headed home and had desert which was strawberry shortcake for Kaleb and Roman and a cheesecake I made for Lucas and me recipe coming soon. All in all a fun day and took our mind off missing Ben so much. Lucas told me last night at dinner he really missed his dad he usually misses him the least off all the boys I'd say. They've spent so much time together lately with Ben being his basketball coach all winter that they really bonded a lot more. Well I'll end this post since I rambled for awhile were off to the Y to play b-ball with some of our homeschool friends.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Kids and clothes shopping should not be in the same sentence. I took my kids last time I bought some jeans and it was quite stressful. Hope your week flies by. When my hubby goes away I read about 10 hours out of the day and we rarely leave the house.