Friday, February 8, 2008

Reusing Leftovers...Frugal Friday

One of my favorite ways to use leftovers especially sauces is in soups. If I have left over taco meat or spaghetti sauce I will quite often use it as a base for vegetable soup. My kids devour this vegetable soup. All I do is take a large pot put my leftover meat/sauce in the pan with enough water to make a nice soup base. I bring this to a boil and add whatever vegetables I need to use up in my crisper. If I don't have enough I will add frozen veggies whatever you wish. After those are cooked I will add some kind of noodles. My kids like the alphabet noodles in it. I also add seasonings to taste like garlic, garlic pepper, salt and a little bit of Italian seasoning. This makes a large pot of soup and also a great way to use leftovers from dinner as well as veggies that need to be eaten up. For more great ideas on how to use up leftovers head over to Crystals blog for Frugal Friday.

No comments: