Monday, February 25, 2008

It's getting scary...


How much my boys are consuming in food every day. Especially my seven year old he eats more than I do every day now usually more than his 11 year old brother to. Here's a sample of what he's eaten the past few days. One night last week at an away basketball game he ate for "dinner" a pb&j sandwich and some grapes in the car before the game. This was suppose to be his dinner and be enough until we got home. Oh no he was just starving an hour later so we bought him a BBQ and chips. An hour after that he was crying because his stomach hurt he was so hungry so Ben bought him a taco. About an hour after that we were on our way home and he ate another pb&J sandwich in the car and finished off the grapes. He reguarly eats two sandwiches for lunch and a piece of fruit. Sunday's we don't really cook so for breakfast he ate two bowls of cereal, lunch was two grilled ham sandwich's, dinner was a bowl of cereal and a bowl of oatmeal, along with various snacks he found. Me oh my I told him today he's already eating me out of house and home to which he just laughed and said "but mom I'm just always hungry". You'd think he'd be some obese kid but he's not he's very thin and muscular but come on he's only seven. He's been requesting three sandwich's every day for lunch but I think two is sufficient at this rate he'll be a giant in a few years:) Any ideas on how a seven year old can earn money for the grocery bill:)

2 comments:

Esther said...

Pretty scary! I noticed a HUGE jump in our grocery bill the past year too and I know it is only going to get worse.

Sarah said...

They are bottomless pits that's for sure!