Thursday, March 1, 2007

spring cleaning

Well I must say that my sister in law inspired me today. She had gone through a bunch of her kids clothes yesterday so today I did the same thing..thank you Sharon!! I have been saving boys clothes for a long time and I had four huge bins of clothes and I got rid of everything except maybe 15 items. I saved a few things to try and sell on ebay but I brought all the rest to Goodwill I'm not into doing a garage sale nor do I have time so this way I figure I get my tax write off at least. I'm not a pack at at all I can't stand clutter so I'm constantly cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff. I don't buy much anymore so I suppose there will come a point in time when I'm not getting rid of things all the time. But for now I drop things off at good will at least every other month.

I started spring cleaning last week and got half of my basement done. Today I think I'll finish the other half it's not so bad since I just cleaned the back room out a few months ago. I'm such a nut but I love spring cleaning everything is so fresh and clean. The idea of just whipping open the windows and letting the fresh air in...ahhhh..I love it. Plus I really dig deep and clean I have a list I made up years ago and follow every year for my house. I know starting in March is a little early but that way I figure everything gets done before summer comes. Although it's still freezing here I can't whip open the windows I hope soon I can:)

On a side note both my boys got an A+ on their math tests today...woohoo!! I"m so proud of them they always do good at math but both to do so good I was quite pleased. I guess something of homeschooling is sinking in..:)

2 comments:

Esther said...

I need to do the bin sort and purge too. With evey baby beening a different season I have a little bit of everything. It will be nice to "know" we are done having kids so I can get rid of the big stuff too. Baby stuff takes up so much room. Maybe I can talk the hubby into "quick" having one more we can move on to the next phase even though that idea is so sad:(.

Sharon said...

Isn't that so nice getting everything cleaned out? It is probably so much easier to drop everything off at Goodwill, but I just love having my garage sales. Maybe if you want, when you meet your max. tax deduction, you can bring it over here and I can sell it for you. Then at least you get something back right away. If not, no big deal. I love Esther's comment about trying to talk Isaac into having one real "quick". If only it was just like that! :)