Monday, February 26, 2007

ramblings..

Well we are now done with basketball Lucas' team lost on Sat. so were not going to the State games but that's ok were all pretty worn out from it. They lost their first game but won the second not all to bad. All the kids were sick at some point in time last week Roman came down with a high fever on Wed. then Lucas and Kaleb on Friday. Lucas was so upset he'd still be sick on Sat. but they all only had it for one day so he did play. I'm so glad basketball is done we have an awards banquet at the end of March but no more practices and carting to games etc. it makes for a long season. We did have a blast doing it but it will be nice to have a break until next years season.

Ben and I are training for a 25K race I ran it the last two years and Ben did last year. The schedule is pretty intense so without even trying to hard I've lost 5 pounds and toned up a bit more and Ben has lost 20-25 pounds. I'm so proud of him it's hard to do we each want to lose at least 10 more before the race since the less you weigh the better your time. It's amazing to us though that at 30 our bodies sure give us more trouble than they did even 5 years ago. The boys are going to do a 5K this year in May so guess we'll make a it a family activity for the summer...running that is.

Speaking of which I can't wait for summer I'm so sick of winter summer is my favorite season the hotter the better doesn't bother me. I just got a job with a landscaping company working just 4 hours a week so we'll see how much I like hot weather on those days but for the most part I love the hot weather. Well I've got to get some fish out of the freezer for dinner and then it's off to run and workout with my hubby.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

One of these years I'll get up the courage to try that race. I would love to do it one of these years. Too bad about Lucas's basketball finals. Maybe next year. :)

Sarah said...

Congrats on your weight loss - You always look so good!! I need to get motivated to lose some that I gained over the winter.

I hope your neck feel better soon.