Thursday, December 21, 2006

hard to be a parent sometimes...

Today was the funeral for Mr. H, hubby and I agreed it was one of the best ones we've been to. It was so nicely done he was quite an extraordinary man he will be greatly missed. We did take the older two boys they had never been to a funeral before. Kaleb kept thinking he was just done to their other house lucas understood I think. They saw him in the casket and then I think Kaleb got it on the way home he said Mr H. is in heaven mom just matter of fact so I think he understands now. We had a hard time deciding if we should take them or not they both wanted to go but as a parent it's one of those things that's hard to say if they should go or not. There's really no right or wrong answer but I'm so glad we did they have a better understanding of death and I think it's something kids do need to experience and understand if possible it's a part of life. Maybe they'll be prepared a little bit for when someone really close to them like a grandparent dies. Being a parent is so hard sometimes but with God's grace and wisdom it's so much easier. Mrs. H was so happy the boys were there so I was then really glad we brought them. Thanx to those who gave me their opinion on the matter!!

No comments: