Thursday, October 9, 2008

One can of pumpkin


Equals two yummy pumpkin recipes... First off I made pumpkin muffins made from Taste of Homes magazine. I've never made pumpkin muffins before but they sure looked yummy. I have to admit I wasn't to impressed with this recipe. As Lucas said "there pretty bland without lots of butter". I think I'll keep looking for a good pumpkin muffin if anyone tries these let me know what you think.

Pumpkin Muffins
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • TOPPING:
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cold butter

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans. Fill six greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
I made 12 large muffins they must've used a larger muffin pan than mine is.


Next I made these fabulous pumpkin rolls from Tammy's Recipe's. They are one of our favorite dinner rolls. They also make great buns for ham buns or whatever meat you choose to put on for lunch. I always halve the recipe and end up freezing some of those even but that's the best part it makes a ton. I have a bread maker which makes these super easy to make. I love fall all the yummy apple and pumpkin recipes out there are endless. I bought more pumpkin yesterday to make more muffins I'll write a review once I've made them.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Tammy's pumpkin rolls too.

I found this recipe that I'm going to try this weekend. Chocolate and pumpkin are awesome together.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=633351