Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Computers..


Gotta love em right?? So our home computer crashed last week thus my absence from bloggity world. Thought I lost everything most everything I have backed up except for my pic's from the last year and our financial info. Yeah that's the big one. So as I'm paying bills the old fashioned way last week I'm trying to guesstimate as close as possible our balance. In the process trying not to freak out wondering how in the world I'm going to retrieve our info. To make a long story short my neighbor who is a computer wiz meaning he writes programs for a large corporation and teaches computers at college..yeah a wiz.. Anyway he unhooked my computer and took it home with him and got it working again. He even backed up all my files for me..Yes I know I have a great neighbor. Basically all he did was clean it out it had oh 8 years worth of dust inside of it. It is going kaputs on us but at least it's working again for now. So to sum it all up I learned you can vacuum out the back of your computer where all the little dust bunnies like to hide. I always thought you'd wreck something by doing that...computer wiz neighbor says it's ok.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I cried when we lost our photos. Glad you got yours up and running again.

Esther said...

Glab you got your stuff back. We bought one of those back up thingy's in case that ever happened. Well worth the money I think.

CFC Flames '04 said...

Hi! I'm back - nice to be able to read your blog again. |:)