Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dandelions

Here is a gift my hubby gave me three weeks ago and yes it still looks like this. I've never had a rose last to long it's just gorgeous. He's so sweet he'll buy me a flower every once in awhile and stick it in a vase and leave it on the table before work in the morning so I find it when I wake up. Anyone who knows me knows I love flowers and the great outdoors so having one that last so long on my table is great.

The other day I caught myself hurrying my little Roman along as he was riding his bike. He kept stopping and wanting to get off it I would quickly give me a push and tell him to "keep riding" or we'll never get to the park. The fourth time he stopped and I said my above line he looked at me and said "but mom I want to pick that flower for you like daddy". Oh man way to make me feel like the biggest peon ever. Here to me I was annoyed and trying to hurry him along when all he could see was all these glorious dandelions he was passing by. After that I let him stop all he wanted and yes it took for every to get to the park but I had a whole bouquet of dandelions to show for it all from my little boy for me. He keeps picking them and adding them to the flower from daddy.

I say all this because it made me realize that life is not all hurry hurry hurry as I'm wont to do. I need to learn to slow down and enjoy the flowers and sweet things like that. Yesterday after I got done working a.k.a. spraying those glorious dandelions on my weeding route I came home and had a half hour squirt gun fight with all my boys. What fun we had I had soaked jeans, shirt, shoes etc. but it's some of the most fun I've had in awhile. My boys were so thrilled that I jumped right in with them to play. Now looking at the rose that's been around so long I'm getting a daily reminder to slow down and just enjoy life with my family and enjoy the sweet moments of life.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so stinkin' cute! Ambry still picks dandelions. I catch myself always telling Ambry to pick it up...let's go...hurry it along...whatever. Definitely a good reminder to just slow down a little bit. :)

Esther said...

Thanks for the reminder, its so easy to rush and for what reason.