Thursday, April 3, 2008

Da Vinci

Last week I took the kids to our local hospital to try their hands at this machine. It's called the "da vinci" and it's a robotic machine used in surgery's. It was very fascinating to say the least the boys thought it was "awesome" is the word I believe they used. We got to stick our hands into the computer where they guy in green is sitting in the picture and try our hand out at a pretend surgery. Thankfully I left Roman at home with Ben because we had to wait 45 min. in line to try it. They had a doctor you could ask questions which Lucas took to heart. He talked with the doctor for 15 minutes or so about this it was really quite cute. He actually knew a lot about it and the doctor was very impressed he said this to me:) I guess that Body works science class and all that reading he does is paying off:) Anyway this machine costs well over a million dollars and is used in a variety of different surgery's. It makes the recovery time much faster for patients and the incisions the Dr. has to make are so much smaller it really speeds up recovery. You can read more about this machine here who knows one of us may very well have a surgery with it someday. I was glad we went the kids and I learned a great deal about our advancing technology in the field of medicine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cool! I can just see Lucas asking a bunch of questions... He must be a homeschooler :)

Esther said...

Sounds very cool!