Tuesday, November 6, 2007

waves..

This morning I had to return some shoes for Lucas. The store is close to the big lake by us which was forecasted to have 14-16 foot waves. I thought it would be cool to see the waves and boy was it ever. There were about 10 cars at the beach and people kept coming and going. I thought we'd be the only nutty people not so I guess. I got out of the car to try and take some pic's but I got blown away and couldn't even face the water because of all the sand flying around. But I got some cool ones with the window rolled down. The boys were really amazed at how big the waves were the pictures don't really even come close to how it looked. It was beautiful I could've stayed and watched the lake for a long time. We boat on this lake all summer long and we've seen 6-8 foot waves but these were just incredible. I told the boys we'll come out in the winter and look at the lake that really is a beautiful sight.




4 comments:

Sharon said...

I had heard that also about the big waves. Caleb is always telling me that I am crazy to want to go out there and see that kind of stuff, but I think it is so beautiful. I had heard they could reach 18 feet. Do you think they got that high?

Sarah said...

We went a couple winters ago, and the waves were frozen. We froze, but it was neat to see.

Esther said...

WOW! That must have been quite the sight! I've been out there once in the winter is was pretty cool to see.

Tracy said...

Sharon, I'm not sure exactly how high the waves got I'm the worst judge on that. We'll be out on our boat and I think the waves are 2' when really their 4-5'. They were definitely huge around 15' or more they were just pounding and crashing over the pier it was so cool! Ben thought I was bit odd to when I called him for directions from the mall..heehee.