Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Lucas!!!

Today my oldest turns 11 and in a way it saddens me so to think he's this old already. We had his party on Tuesday night since he has basketball practice tonight. Which is why I've already got pic's of him with his "cake". He wanted pie this year instead of cake which he does most years. I always give the kids the choice of pies or cake for dessert and then they get to pick what we have for dinner that night. I also only had seven candles for him to blow out he didn't mind at all though. He's having a sleepover tomorrow night with four friends which he's very excited about. He got his presents on Tues. he got a professional art kit from my parents which he's been working with the past two days. Sometime I'll post some of his artwork he's quite good. He also got an mp3 player from his other grandparents, some coins to add to his collection and a Bible and transformer from us. We intend to buy him a new bike as his big gift but have yet to find a good deal on one. He's fine with waiting for the good deal..what a great kid!! I'm so proud of him and the little boy er little man he's become!!
Waiting to blow out his candle's.
This is the Bible we got him it took me a long time to find the one he wanted. He wanted his Bible to have certain things it that took me awhile to find all of them in one Bible. Can you tell by the look on his face that he was just estactic with it. He said it was his favorite gift he's been reading it and using it a lot the past two days. It's something he can take with him when he leaves home someday and bring into his own home. He's owned plenty of his own Bibles don't get me wrong but this was a special Bible he's been asking for. Now I'm going to list 11 things you might not know about Lucas.

1. He loves the Lord and strives to serve him everyday
2. His favorite sports are basketball and golf.
3. He likes school and does quite well at it.
4. He's a very kind hearted child.
5. He's one of the most generous people I know.
6. He's always laughing or giggling about something.
7. He loves to entertain people.
8. He's a dare devil yet with a slightly cautious side he'll at least think about the possibility of getting hurt before he just does something.
9. He's got a creative mind most people would wish for.
10. He's very good at art.
11. He's a mama's boy..shhh don't ever tell I posted that online.:)

Happy Birthday Lucas we love you!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas! Jacob is looking forward to tomorrow night.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! Hope you had an awesome birthday party!

Esther said...

Happy birthday Lucas!!!!!!!! I remember when uncle Isaac told me you were born, it doesn't seem like ELEVEN years ago! Hope you had a good day.