Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Not my brightest moment in life...

Tonight after dinner the boys and I walk to the park upon returning home we find the doors locked. No big deal we have an extra key hidden only it's not there and Lucas says "oh, it's hanging up on the hook in the house". So I call the hubby who's golfing and he says he can't slip the ol credit card through any of our locks...oops. Ok, so I look at all windows and decide if I can get the outside casing off the bathroom window I can slip Roman through it to open the door. I can't get quite all the screws off but can pull the casing enough to slip him through so while yanking on the casing my neighbor is just about to slip the boy through when CRASH! The whole darn window shattered on the top...OOPS!! What a mess luckily nobody was hurt or cut. Ben arrives home just at this moment and proceeds to slip the ol credit card through the door and unlock it...huh..thought it wouldn't work. He thought wrong to I guess so anyway guess I have to replace a window and I just cleaned up a huge mess. I think I am the world's greatest Klutz or whatever you want to say seemed like such a good idea at the time...these things just always somehow happen to me. Thankfully we all have such a good sense of humor hubby just shook his head and took care of the kiddo's while I cleaned up. Then we chuckled so to speak:)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That is too funny...I probably wouldn't have thought so if it had happened to me. :) Good thing you all got in there safe and sound.

Esther said...

Maybe it time to give the neighbors a spare key, huh? Have fun window shopping!