Wednesday, May 21, 2008

School Blessing's

How blessed my children are to be homeschooled. It really struck me this week how very blessed we are as parents to have this time with our children. It goes by so very quickly I'm so thankful for these times to see our children learn and grow. This week Lucas took the Iowa Basic Skills tests do you remember taking those? He's hitting Jr. High next year and I wanted to make sure that he's where he should be grade level wise before than. He had testing for two days from 9-2 each day. I was more nervous for him taking them than he was he was not one bit nervous. He came out on Monday with a big smile on his face and said "Mom, that was fun I had a good time today"....What excuse me as a kid I would get so nervous about taking tests like this that I would want to ..uh...vomit..pee my pants you get the idea. I would do horrible on them and would feel so for lack of a better word dumb. When I new I wasn't I just would get so nervous that I couldn't focus at all. My children are so blessed to not have that pressure when taking tests I'm so so thankful we can homeschool them! Now mind you he did get a lunch break for 30 min. to quick scarf down his lunch and then play b-ball with his friends the remainder of the time. Plus as an added bonus the teacher made a boy and girl sit at a table together. It just so happens that the girl he has a crush on picked to sit next to him:) Maybe that's why he had such a big smile on his face:)

No comments: