Friday, January 2, 2009

More winter fun!

Today the boys and I went downtown to go ice skating. At the bargain price of $1.00/skater it's hard to beat. We had a great time we haven't ever been ice skating before but Lucas and Kaleb did great. They do rollerblade a lot so it wasn't much different. Roman did really good to they have these "things" that kids can hang onto and skate with. He didn't even need my help and was skating alone a little right before we left. I was impressed. It was a very cold 26 degrees so we didn't stay longer than an hour but it's something we'll be doing more of this winter.

At the after Christmas day clearance at Target I bought some gingerbread men to decorate with the kids. I also bought two trains that I'm saving for later this winter. Those look really cool. The boys even said that the cookies tasted good. Really?! I always thought they tasted plastic and fake..yuck..not my thing but we had fun decorating them.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

We ate a few of the cookies. I felt like my teeth were getting a sugar overload if you know what I mean. We split 2 cookies between the four of us. They weren't too bad I suppose. :)

CFC Flames '04 said...

What fun! I love the snow pictures too! We decorate gingerbread houses every year but the boys favorite part is.....smashing them with a hammer on New Year's eve!