Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Totals

Ok so I'll be the first to admit that I'm the lady you probably hate to get behind checking out at Meijer or Target etc. I have piles of coupons literally. I decided that for this year I'm going to keep track of all my savings. I have spread sheets made up for every store that I've gone to this month. With my grocery shopping done for this week I tallied up the results for Jan. I was quite surprised at the numbers I mean I can't say that I love cutting coupons. Snagging something for free or close to free I love so clipping all those coupons is worth it to me. The stores I visited this month are CVS, Walgreens, Target, Aldi, and Meijer. Here's the end results.

Jan. Coupon Total: $282.43 Just between Meijer and Target it was $172.50 WOOHOO that's like free money!!
Jan. oop total (what I spent in cash): $398.86
Jan. Total saving: $ 550.28

The total savings does include any sales along with the coupons and the coupon total is including $50.00 of ecb's from CVS. Still not to bad I was quite pleased. My total cash out of pocket also included the game table we bought and a few birthday gifts. Also a lot of stockpiling like the sobe water and now the free ocean spray juice at Target.

So there you have it. If your ever in line behind me at Meijer I'll turn around and smile at you know I'm very sorry for holding up the line:) You might want to switch lanes however:)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Ha! I am the same way. I always feel so bad for those in back of me. I always make sure to hold my pile of coupons in my hand and make a show of them just to let people in back of me know that I might be a little while. :)

Esther said...

What no Costco??? I would have like bags of money at the end of the month if that all I spent on food:) Okay maybe not bags.

By the way only the %100 juice and light stuff can be used with the coupons. The %100 is 3.19 so after coupons 1.19 which isn't too bad and you don't have the "splenda" blech!