Thursday, November 13, 2008

Around Blogosphere

Here a few articles of interest I found this evening. I especially like the one about using our grocery savings. I never even thought to take the extra $1 or sometimes even $15.00 from the weekly grocery budget to pay down bills or save in the emergency fun. I always just roll the extra into the next week or so for grocery's. Here is the link.

Tracking and Banking your grocery savings over at moms need to know.

Freezer and Cooking from scratch at Money Saving mom was pretty interesting. I've never done freezer cooking or freeze meals for a month. Has anyone found that it really saves you money compared to cooking them fresh?

Banana bread recipe found at All recipes is fantastic. I made it yesterday with half whole wheat and it came out great not heavy or dense at all. I also used butter and decreased the sugar to 3/4C so yummy. Went great with the chicken soup I made for dinner last night. I'll be posting that recipe soon.

This walgreens coupon is every where but in case you missed it here is a link for it.

Common Sense with Money tells how you can get a great deal on leap frog toys at Target right now. She also had a good post on a Thanksgiving menu on a budget.

So that's what I've been reading today..enjoy.

No comments: