Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Fun

This past long 4th of July weekend was busy with lots of fun and relaxing. I guess busy and relaxing don't go hand in hand do they? Ah well:) We got a few things done around the house one off my summer chore list even. My hubs got a closet organizer put in the downstairs bedroom it's so nice. Our plan is to move Lucas downstairs soon we are in the process of moving bedroom furniture around. We are getting Romans twin bed for his room this week and a new dresser I'll post pic's once we get it done.

Anyway, this past weekend we did some of our fireworks with the kids in the driveway on the 4th after we went to see some. Did I ever tell you that little boys are just major piro's? Ben taught Lucas how to "properly" light off a firework if you can do such a thing:) He didn't burn his eyelashes off so the lesson from dad must've been good. Below you can see Ben helping Lucas light one. Sorry it's kind of dark.
As you can see little brother Kaleb not paying attention while big brother Lucas is lighting one off. Don't worry we were standing right by.
"Ta Da it's awesome, Dad!" said Roman about the below firework.

The next day we decided to see a movie with the kids they picked Wall-E the new Pixar film. The previews didn't look all that great to either of us but we figured it being a Pixar film it should be pretty entertaining. Boy were we wrong! As we're walking out of the theater we both said that was one of the dumbest films we've ever seen. I'm sorry dumb is not a good word...umm..bad, horrible..bad plot...worst film... So in case you wanted to see it I hoped I've saved you a lot of money trust me just rent it when it comes out. The kids mildly enjoyed it but hey it was family time and the popcorn was really good:) I truly hope the next Pixar film is much better I really enjoy all their other films they are some of my all time favorites.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like you had a good time.

Too bad about the movie. I thought the commercials looked pretty dumb too. Good to know for sure so we don't waste a trip to see it.

:)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Awesome fireworks photos!

Thanks for letting us know about the movie. I was thinking about it... and now I won't. :)

Hey, also, wanted to invite you to join in on my Dirty Baby Carnival next week. We're all going to post pictures of our dirtiest kids! I think it will be a blast... our littlest guy just seems to attract dirt everywhere he goes - can't keep him clean! Hope you'll join in.

Have a great weekend!