Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Fun!

Homemade strawberry jam, swimming and new pretty flowers in the yard what more could you ask for in summer:) Here is Roman already to go swimming at a pool I go to quite often. He loves to wear "seagulls" a.k.a. goggles. I don't know why he calls them seagulls but it's quite funny. Can you tell he loves the pool:)

Last fall the last week the local greenhouse was open I popped in to check out their awesome clearance. I bought a flat of carnations for around $1.00 and stuck them in the ground. Lo and behold they came up this year and are just gorgeous. I love them they smell soooo good. Quite a good deal!
And here we have strawberry jam I spent three hours making it today. Glad that work is done! It's such a treat in the middle of winter to pull out all the goodies I put away during the summer. Strawberry jam being one of our favorites I do a lot. I also freeze some strawberries and we make smoothies with them...yummy! I feel like such a pioneer women or something of that sort when I make jam and "put up" goodies from the garden:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.

Anonymous said...

And also we ensure that when we enter in this specific blog site we see to it that the topic was cool to discuss and not a boring one.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Sarah said...

Wow, You've become quite popular in bloggy world :)

I did jam last week, it sure is a lot of work. Hope yours sets better than mine did.

Love the picture of Roman. Hope we can get together soon.

Sharon said...

Yes, I definitely changed my mind about selling any jam. I guess I didn't realize how fast we actually go through it. We have already gone through 2 containers!!! I think we will actually be making more. :) Looks like you made quite a bit yourself!

Just to let you know...be careful with those extra comments on your blog. They are sometimes scammers sent to you with a virus attached. Lovely, right?

Esther said...

wow what a lot of comment;)

I just finished my second round of jam today. I ran out of sugar so that is enough for me, the rest of the strawberries I'm freezing. I canned mine, a first for me I always did freezer jam before.

I've never seen a carnation plant- very pretty.