Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer vacation

This past week we went on our family vacation to a cottage on a lake. We had awesome weather and a lot of fun. We went to the beach three times, golfed twice, Ben and the boys once, did lots of boating and tubing and mostly relaxing. We had friends come up on Friday and Sat. many staying the night with us which was so much fun. Because I love lighthouses I had to go and tour the lighthouse that was 2 miles down the road. We also took the kids to the pier one night and walked it so I got some pic's of them in front of it. Someday I want to tour the coast and see all the lighthouses. Hubby didn't think this sounded like to much fun:) But throw in some golf along the way and he'd be happy as a clam. I've decided that I would love to live on a lake and that I got used to it very fast. I loved waking up on a lake sitting in the sun room and drinking my coffee every morning watching the boats on the lake it was just awesome. I think it was one of our most relaxing and favorite family vacations.

The boys fished a ton as much as they could they would catch 22 fish in an hour off the dock it was crazy. They'd fill up their bucket with fish and then put them all back when it got full they were so cute. It got to the point where they didn't even need bait they would still catch a bunch of fish. We're not talking large fish of course mostly small bluegills, and a few small pike and bass. I even fished with them and I will admit it was quite fun catching the fish it was a thrill. Of course I don't take fish off the hook never have my daddy spoiled me there he'd always take it off for me:) Now Lucas or Kaleb do it and it worked out great. For my auntie out there you like the new look!



Here is Ben and Roman on the pier. It is my favorite picture of the two of them. It turned out a little dark but if you click on it and see it bigger you can see both their huge smiles it's just adorable.











Lucas and Roman at the beach we buried each other in the sand. Roman thought this was such great fun.

















Kaleb and one of his many blue gills he caught. He ran all the way up from the dock to show us his HUGE fish he caught.













Lucas with one of his fish a small blue gill also.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the pics and the new look for the blog! Thanks again for letting us come up and visit and then crash. We had so much fun! What do you want to bet some day we will be seeing the circ***doo** or however you would spell that, on the news making tons of $$$ ?

Tracy said...

Hahahahah it took me a minute to figure out what you were writing about. Yes I think Ben and David have a gold mine idea. They even have a cool slogan for the infomercial. Now just how to market it and find people to be in the infomercial might be a problem..hahahahah Thanx for coming to visit next year we'll plan on it so you can come prepared!

Sarah said...

Looking good... very cute pictures. Hope the spaghetti was good!