Monday, May 14, 2007

Running and dutch boys

We ran our race on Saturday and both did good I beat my time from last year by 12:00 min. to finish in 2:18.00 I was happy with that. I honestly didn't know I had it in me. Ben finished with a 2:37.00 and beat his time from last year by 5 min. I was really proud of him he wasn't able to train the last two months because he hurt his leg and he still ran it. I don't think I could've ran it in the way he did. But it's my third 25K race and I can honestly say I have no desire to run a marathon 15.5 miles is plenty far for me. I'm thinking about doing a triathlon in the fall it's called a sprint triathlon. I did it two years ago and it was actually fun so I'm contemplating that. But first I need to recover from my race.

Last week the boys and I went to learn about our heritage. We had a great time learning all about the dutch. We are all dutch just about so it was fun for the boys to see and learn all about the dutch people. We saw some dutch dances and they got to dress as little dutch boys. It really was a fantastic learning experience. We read some books from the library and then they got to see it all come to life we really had a good time.




Here is Roman on the carosal at the dutch place he loved it. We were the only kids at the place almost so they could ride it as much as the wanted. As you can see Roman could've stayed on it all day. This is one of my favorite pictures i've ever taken of Roman. He just has the biggest smile.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good Job on your race!!! I would love to be able to do that next year. I don't think I would be able to do it near as fast as you though. Very cute pics of your boys! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tracy!!! I know how hard you worked, you should be really proud of yourself.

What cute little Dutch boys. Roman looks so big, it is hard to believe our babies are going to be 3!

I'll talk to you soon,
Sarah